We provide studio-recognized WisePlay digital rights management (DRM) licensing to secure video streaming across Huawei devices.
We’re here to help you launch monetized over the top (OTT) delivery services in no time.
Based on the ChinaDRM standard, WisePlay was developed by Huawei as their proprietary DRM system for media protection across their range of branded devices. It’s used for protecting MPEG-DASH (fMP4), HLS (fMP4 & TS), and CMAF video streams.
Huawei devices supporting WisePlay:
- Phones and tablets with the Kirin 990 chipset running EMUI 10.1+ or HarmonyOS 1.0+
- Phones and tablets running EMUI 11.0+ or HarmonyOS 1.0+
- Smart TVs running HarmonyOS 18.104.22.168+
WisePlay DRM licensing
Looking to protect media across Huawei devices? We make it easy with our scalable DRM cloud licensing service.
WisePlay provides a hardware security level to meet studio demands for HD, UHD, and HDR content.
Our technology delivers billions of licenses each year to streaming customers worldwide.
Single file-set cost savings
WisePlay is compatible with Common Encryption (CENC), supporting AES-CTR and AES-CBC encryption modes to stream a single file-set across devices.
Your content protection experts
Working with DRM since 2007 has taught us a thing or two about licensing and studio compliance. Our top-notch team of security specialists are here to support your security needs.
WisePlay’s role in our other OTT solutions
Our PRESTOplay player technology uses WisePlay across Huawei devices.
- Playback SDK for phones, tablets, and smart TVs
- Publish EMUI and HarmonyOS player apps to the AppGallery faster and at lower cost
- VOD, live, and secure downloading for offline playback
- Dynamically convert Widevine/PlayReady encrypted content for use with WisePlay licensing
Our Video Toolkit cloud service encodes, encrypts, and watermarks VOD assets for secure playback.