Winner of the 2020 Streaming Media European Readers’ Choice Award
We’re pleased to announce that castLabs has won the 2020 Streaming Media European Readers’ Choice Award in the category Mobile Video App/Solution! The Streaming Media Readers’ Choice Award is the only awards program where winners are chosen by the people who use our industry’s products and services. You can find details of all of the winners on the Streaming Media Europe website.
This year’s 12th-annual awards saw nearly 200 products nominated in 15 categories, and voters cast more than 6,000 votes. We’re honoured to have won with our PRESTOplay SDK for Android and iOS. Thank you to everyone who voted and supported castLabs to reach this milestone!
PRESTOplay is our SDK suite built by developers, for developers, designed to save time and money through rapid player development with a simple API. We offer rich video app playback solutions for:
- Android devices and Android TV set-top boxes
- iOS devices and Apple TV
- HTML5 platforms such as browsers, Windows/macOS desktops, game consoles, and TVs
Deliver amazing playback experiences with the latest and greatest features including ultra-low latency, VOD & live playback, offline playback with downloading, customizable UI tools, CMAF/MPEG-DASH/HLS/Smooth Streaming support, and much more.
- Top notch advertising with IMA/VAST and server-side ad insertion support
- Support for a wide spectrum of subtitle formats such as WebVTT, TTML, and image based burn-in subtitles
- Enables adaptive streaming formats using native browser APIs (MSE/EME) on connected TVs and also supports native smart TV players
- Easy third-party integrations with an extensive list of partners like Conviva, Youbora, Nielsen, Freewheel, Mux, Broadpeak, Friend MTS, and others
- Works seamlessly with our DRMtoday multi-DRM licensing service for OTT as well as Widevine CAS for PayTV
To maintain transparency and customization for our customers, we also share our source code in selected business models to accommodate various in-house development approaches by providing low level player core technology.