New at IBC 2017: Zero Setup Fees Offer, and Features Overload Including Watermarking and Video Intelligence
Big announcements for 2017’s biggest broadcast show!
We have a number of new announcements for IBC 2017, and a number of exciting ongoing product developments that you’ll only hear about by meeting at our booth in Hall 14 L02 – directly in front of the doors that connect the Hall to the main passthrough corridor. Read on to get a glimpse of what’s in store!
Exclusive: Zero Setup Fees for DRMtoday
Only in September you could save thousands on deploying castLabs’ multi-DRM license delivery service DRMtoday. Read on for more details.
What’s new with…
PRESTOplay SDK Suite
- Common Subtitling – Subtitles often exhibit various degrees of performance and rendering across platforms. ‘Common subtitling’ resolves this with a single API to configure identical display behavior across all PRESTOplay based players. This expedites setup for consistent cross-platform presentation by cutting out duplicate effort, especially for FCC compliance.
- Common ABR – The performance of adaptive bitrates (ABR) is an important aspect of control for many services. Using a ‘common ABR algorithm’ you can set your parameters once, such as what conditions to switch stream bitrate qualities, and the same settings can be used for all of your apps. This lets you provide users with standard streaming experiences.
- Offline and Online Playback with PRESTOplay for Desktops – consumers are constantly broadening their horizons, wanting to view content everywhere, whether that be during travel, on vacation, and often in places where internet is either unavailable or unreliable. Leveraging the Google Widevine™ DRM system, video streaming services can quickly develop rich native desktop and laptop apps for Windows and Mac using PRESTOplay SDK for Desktops, offering offline premium playback secured with Google’s new Verified Media Path (VMP) technology.
- Widevine for MPEG-DASH on PRESTOplay for iOS – In addition to supporting FairPlay Streaming for HLS, PRESTOplay for iOS now features Google’s Widevine DRM system for secured MPEG-DASH content. Previously, we supported DRM licensing for MPEG-DASH using the CMLA-OMA system. However, utilizing Widevine simplifies a service’s overall DRM workflow as the same licensing system is already widely used across other platforms (eg: Android, Android TV, Chrome, Firefox).
- Forensic Watermarking – With streaming services increasingly distributing 4K/UHD quality content, studios are intensifying the pressure for adopting the highest level of content protection. Forensic Watermarking enhances the security of your content by embedding a permanent unique serial number which cannot be removed, regardless of any alterations made prior to distribution.
- Interoperable Master Format (IMF) Support – Serving different distribution channels typically requires different resolution outputs, content edits, audio channels, and other criteria that lead to the creation of multiple versions of the same content. The IMF framework provides a master format for creating multi-version content including multi-language, subtitling, video insert, and basic metadata support. castLabs’ Video Toolkit now fully supports the IMF specification.
- Video Intelligence – From creating more interactive video experiences, to making advert relevancy and scene censorship of titles easier, the use of metadata for content analysis and detection is set for widespread adoption from broadcasters and streaming providers.
- HDR Support – You can now process content for HDR10 compliant encoding and packaging.
- Special IBC Pricing – Through the month of September you could save thousands on implementing DRMtoday with our Zero Setup Fees offer! DRMtoday’s License Delivery Network enables you to rapidly adopt all leading DRM systems at once with a single integration, supported by a highly available, lowest latency, robust infrastructure. For full details check our offer page at castlabs.com/special.
- Content Preparation Integrations – Enhancing DRMtoday‘s software agnostic credentials, we have this month announced a number of new pre-integrations with cloud encoding and packaging services including Broadpeak‘s Origin Packager, Imagine Communication’s Telurio Packager, and Norigin Media‘s Cloudncoder. Video delivery configurations using your preferred components become much easier to implement, ingesting keys at the preparation stage into DRMtoday’s multi-region License Delivery Network.