DRMtoday with AppearTV’s ABR Linear Packager
Accessing over-the-top (OTT) delivery services over open shared networks handling any number of users, with inconsistent internet connectivity, data demands, and new opportunities for piracy, has consequences for end user experience and content protection.
This joint solution has already been deployed by an established Norwegian cable television operator, and is vendor agnostic with major encoding and player SDK technologies.
Components of the DRMtoday and AppearTV joint solution
Appear TV ABR Linear Packager
- Flexible, just-in-time, standards compliant origin system
- Durable storage management enables catch-up, VOD and nPvr functionality, easily delivered to end viewers
- Supports advanced adaptive streaming of HLS and DASH, with features such as subtitling and SCTE-35 pass-through tagging
- Distributed, global License Delivery Network (LDN) ensuring excellent redundancy and low latency for license key delivery
- Simplifies multi-DRM adoption in just one integration, reducing time to market
- Ease-of-scaling as a cloud-based service supports operational growth