Software Architect with Python/Django (f/m/d)
We are looking for an experienced Software Architect (m/f/d) who is eager to further design and develop our internal central service platform to measures customer data, manages access and permissions for internal processes as well as for our customers and to process billing of invoices.
In this role you will further develop our Central Services System in a complex and distributed software architecture.
You will be part of a highly-qualified and motivated international team of experts working with leading companies in the technology and online movie/TV entertainment industry. Our customers include top brands such as HBO Europe, Kaltura, brightcove and Mubi.
How we work
- We have bi-weekly sprints and regular meetings to discuss our projects as well as retrospectives to improve our collaboration
- We are a small autonomous team as part of the the engineering team and work closely together with the product development teams
- We review code of other team mates and have our code reviewed by them before merging the code to the system
- We participate actively in decision making for new and existing features
- We share our knowledge on wikis or together in direct exchange
What we expect
- Excellent development skills with Python/Django and related open source libraries with a sense of delivering it with a high quality
- Experience with AWS components to build a web application such as EC2, S3, Data Warehouse, Loadbalancer/Networking, Autoscaling, Monitoring, Cost Management, Security
- Knowledge of data base design and ER modelling
- Understanding of software engineering cycles, principles, and versioning
- Capacity for abstract thought and a willingness to learn
- Dedicated and reliable team player with a hands-on attitude
- Passionate developer with the desire to learn
- Fluent English skills since we are an international team
- A truly open-minded and supportive work environment with a high level of employee empowerment
- Completely self-organized structure within the Holacracy based organizational framework
- Personal and professional development that enables you to grow and do a great job
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity of remote work aligned with your personal needs
- Summer party, team lunches and after-work chill outs
- Get-together and bi-annual company summit in Berlin!
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story!
- Corporate pension contribution
We are diverse! Therefore, castLabs is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
We do not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between castLabs and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.
Location: Berlin or remote (Europe)
View our full list of open positons on our careers page.
Interested in this position? Then get in contact with us today! We look forward to your application including your resume, project history, expected salary, and terms of notice. Please send your application to: