International Financial Accountant (m/f/d)
We are looking for an International Financial Accountant (m/f/d) in part-time or full-time. In this role you will be responsible for the entire financial accounting of our German and US entities.
Be part of a highly-qualified and international team of experts working with leading companies in the technology and online movie/TV entertainment industry. Our customers include top brands such as: HBO Europe, brightcove, Kaltura, Pantaflix and Mubi.
We offer a truly flexible working environment with a high level of employee empowerment and responsibility as well as attractive remuneration and benefits.
Our aim is to keep and foster a positive and learning company culture based on trust, transparency, autonomy and mutual support and respect.
Your tasks and responsibilities
- Responsibility for the entire bookkeeping such as accounts payable, accounts receivable and financial accounting
- General financial accounting tasks such as administrative tasks, ad hoc analysis, dunning run and payment run
- Preparation of the monthly, quarterly and yearly financial statements according to the German accounting standards (HGB) as well as US-GAAP
- Preparation of the voluntary consolidated financial statement ideally according to IFRS
- Point of contact for auditors, authorities, tax consultants and banks
- Analysis and evaluation of KPIs
- Advance sales tax returns (Umsatzsteuervoranmeldung), recapitulative statement (ZM-Meldung), report of international transfers (AWV-Meldung), reports to authorities and evaluations
- Controlling the intercompany-reconciliation and billing
- Preparation of meaningful reports for investors, banks, and customers
- Independent takeover of internal projects
- Close collaboration with the sales team for processing orders in the ERP system
What you’ll bring to the team
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or equivalent. Master’s degree preferred.
- 3+ years relevant financial accounting experience, ideally within an IT company
- Advanced knowledge of German accounting standards (HGB) as well as international accounting standards like US-GAAP
- Excellent working skills of Microsoft Excel
- Fluent communication skills in German as well as in English
- Ability to prioritize work under pressure and excellent organizational skills
- Dedicated and reliable team player with a hands-on attitude
- A truly open-minded and supportive work environment with a high level of employee empowerment
- Completely self-organized structure within the Holacracy based organizational framework
- Personal and professional development that enables you to grow and do a great job
- Flexible working hours with the opportunity of remote work aligned with your personal needs
- Get-together and bi-annual company summit in Berlin!
- We enjoy team lunches and after-work chill outs
- Virtual stock options – be part of our success story!
- Corporate pension contribution
Location: Berlin or remote (Europe)
Seems like a fit for you?
Great! We look forward to your application at: firstname.lastname@example.org
We value diversity!
castLabs is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.